Crawl Space Encapsulation
Isolating your home from radon, mold and excessive humidity levels can be accomplished by encapsulating a crawl space.
Crawl Space Problems:
A vented crawl space was how builders have always handled these areas. The belief was it as a good thing to allow air to flow freely under your living space. In recent years research has made it very clear that this is not only a major source of wasted energy and high utility bills but there are negative health impacts to an open or unsealed crawl space. The 3 most common problems that come from a vented crawl space include:
- Health - Radon gas can flow freely into your living space from a dirt floor that is unprotected with a vapor barrier. Allergy and asthma sufferers can greatly reduce symptoms with a crawl space that is properly encapsulated.
- Moisture and Humidity - Without sealing up the floor and walls and vents a crawl space is subject to all exterior elements including weather conditions and rodents, pests and critters looking for a home)
- Odor - Foul smells are common due to the variables discussed above.
The Solution is Encapsulation
The Department of Energy has an interesting article about the impact and importance of effective crawl space management.
Crawl space sealing and insulation will create a healthier living space, and save money on your utility bills. And once you've encapsulated your crawl space with a vapor barrier, you've gained valuable storage space in your home. Since a home functions best with proper systems don't neglect this important element of a healthy house.
4 Major Elements of our System:
- Air Quality using Vapor Barrier protection
- Water Control - Some crawls need a drainage system under the vapor barrier to inhibit moisture and seepage
- Humidity Control - Our "self draining" dehumidifiers ensure proper humidity levels
- Insulation - Our inorganic insulation makes for energy saving and home comfort
Moisture, mold, and failing insulation are problems in this crawl space that has not been properly sealed.
The encapsulation process completely protects the crawl space from outdoor conditions, keeping it dry and clean.
Nashville Basements offer both a free inspection and written analysis for any Nashville and 75 mile area homeowner crawl space problems. Contact Us